According to Home Gains annual survey there are a few easy and inexpensive ways a seller can make their property resale value increase. The marketing company surveyed Real Estate professionals to find which do-it yourself projects gave sellers the biggest increase homes value. Below are the top six projects that made the list.
- Clean, Clean, Clean and Declutter... Remove personal items, clean counters of clutter, clean and organize closets, clean smudges or marks on walls.
- Brightening... Clean windows in and out, replace bulbs, update light fixtures, and remove anything that blocks natural light.
- Staging... Add new accessories and furnishings to update rooms, rearrange furniture, play music, or turn on a gas fireplace.
- Exterior Enhancements... Trim hedges and shrubs, add bark mulch, remove anything that looks old or worn, ensure plants and grass are well cared, mowed, and trimmed.
- Repair Plumbing and Electrical... Fix leaks, and ensure all plumbing is in good working condition. Repair electrical and fix any lights or outlets that dont work.
- Replace or Shampoo Dirty Rugs or Carpet... Clean or replace worn carpet, fix floor creaks.